Complete Bed Bugs Service
What We Do...
PERFECTING PEST ELIMINATION
Bed Bug Scope of Service
Nine main components are required for a complete Bed Bug Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program:
- Inform and Educate
- Proper Preparation
- Dry vapor steam (heat) treatment
- Encase mattress & box-spring(s) in (Bed Bug Proof) covers
- Complete residual treatment
- Follow-up, Monitor and Documentation
- Determine the fate of couch/sofa-bed/easy chair
Upon receiving a complaint for Bed Bugs from a customer, a thorough inspection should be done to the facility. In the case of an apartment complex with multiple units, the units that are infested, plus all units that share a common wall with the infested unit, must be inspected. This includes the unit(s) on both sides, and the unit(s) directly above and below the infested unit (…and in some cases directly across).
Once insects are found, and a positive identification is made, preparation & service can be scheduled.
When a customer complaint is received, specific directions should be given to that customer.
- Do not remove anything from the room in question. This includes vacuum cleaners, furniture, housekeeping carts, tool bags, etc.
- Close the drapes and turn the lights off.
- Do not allow anyone in the room until the Pest Management Professional has checked the room.
Inform and Educate
The biggest obstacle to successful bed bug elimination is the lack of information and education provided to the general public. An uninformed tenant/client will be less likely to co-operate with the pre & post treatment recommendations and will continue to engage in habits that allow bed bugs to spread.
We at Perfecting Pest Elimination not only provide informational packets, we verbally discuss the importance of the pre & post behavior modifications, as well as; the preventative measures to reduce the chance for future introduction of new bed bugs.
Preparation For Service
"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe!"
Abraham Lincoln on the importance of preparation.
In 2008, we developed a packing/treatment strategy for killing Bedbugs & Their Eggs in/on personal items (electronics, books, papers, shoes, purses… etc.) that cannot be treated with steam or sprayed with pesticides!
Home-Owners and Tenants are overwhelmed being handed an "preparation checklist" that they're unqualified and/or unable to complete!
UNIT(s) MUST BE PROPERLY PREPARED FOR EFFECTIVE BED BUG ELIMINATION SERVICE.
BED BUGS hide and lay eggs in and on your belongings within 10-15ft of the beds, sofas or chairs where bites or bed bug sightings occur.
Clutter around the room offers additional sites for these bugs to hide, and increases the difficulty in eliminating bed bugs once they have become established.
ANY AND ALL PERSONAL ITEMS WITHIN AN INFESTED ROOM ARE POTENTIAL HIDING PLACES FOR BED BUGS. THEY MAY HARBOUR BED BUG EGGS, NYMPHS OR ADULTS.
- MAIL, BILLS & OTHER PAPERS
- BOOKS, CD'S, DVD'S, MAGAZINES
- CLOTHING, DRAPES, SHEETS, BLANKETS, PILLOWS
- NIGHTSTAND & COFFEE TABLE NIC NACS
- TOYS, STUFFED ANIMALS, ELECTRONIC DEVICES
- SHOES, BOOTS, SLIPPERS & HATS
- COSMETICS & TOILETRIES
- MEDICATIONS & HEALTH SUPPLEMENTS
INCLUDED AS PART OF THE COMPLETE BED BUG ELIMINATION SERVICE!!
PROPER PREPARATION PREVENTS POOR PERFORMANCE!
PERFECTING PEST ELIMINATON PACKAGE
Your Investment Includes...
* Complete Preparation (totes, bags, furniture moving & vacuuming) & Treatment (heat & chemical) of the infested unit as stated in the scope of service
* Inspection and Preventive Treatment of Community Room(s) and Common Laundry Room(s)
* Photo and Written journals of all units/rooms treated and/or inspected
* Installation of (Bed Bug Proof) mattress encasement(s) of the Infested Unit(s)
* Inspection and Preventive Treatment of Surrounding Unit(s)
* Re-treatments after 10-14 Days
* Re-inspection and/or spot treatment after 3 weeks
* 9-12 Month Warranty